So I just realized my Sunshine goes on the big potty to #2, and is now able to clean himself clean. How you ask? Well, he always is very independent of course to a certain degree. But last night ((8/10/11) as he finished clearing his bowels, I observed him reaching for the toilet paper and wiping. And of course, he had cleaned something. I urged him to do it repeatedly until the t.paper was clear. Which he did at almost 8 attempts(In due process teaching him to conserve paper). Indeed, there are a lot of lessons to be learned.
Now, to say this Mother sunshine was ecstatic, would be telling a fib. I was overjoyed beyond my wildest dreams. Just realizing that his whole bathroom experience, he now is officially Independent/Self Dependent/Self Reliant etc.
Now that doesn't mean I will not do the final cleaning, I will. But knowing that this ray of sunshine will continue to gain confidence and expertise in cleaning himself is a comforting thought.
My sunny boy is now 3 and a half years old and I have made measly blog entries. But its never too late....or should I say better now, than never. I will pray for motivation to make blog entries of all the wonderful experiences I have with my beautiful sunshine.....ANO.
No comments:
Post a Comment