Wednesday, October 19, 2011
sitting on the bench 1
So I am a very happy for my son that he goes to this early childhood learning center.
But on the 18th of October, I went to pick him up about 4.30pm. The children were in the playground and running around, riding bikes and sliding etc. So my eyes started looking around hoping to see him in the mix somewhere. I didn't see him. Finally at the end of the very first bench, he was seated there and two little girls say, your mom is here.
So as I enter the playground, and get closer to where he is sitting his feet are on the bench. I can understand that he doesn't run towards me excited cause he never looks forward to coming home to play with his trains. But that he was in the playground and he was not active at all. I got to him questioning why he wasn't playing. He didn't say much. But as I look at his feet, both his shoes were half on. So basically, he wasn't running around cause he couldn't get his shoes on.
I wondered how long he had been seated there? 10, 15, 30, 45 minutes. My stomach tightened. I couldn't imagine what it was like for him to want to go play and run and shove and push with the other kids but couldn't cause his shoes were off and his teachers were standing right there.
The teacher walked away to the other end of the ground and avoided me and gave me this attitude, and I could tell she was sending a message. A few days early she had told me to get him a pair of black strap on shoes cause the lace ups he had were difficult for him to put on. I had told her that I would have to buy him a new pair in a couple of weeks if that was okay.
I helped him put his shoes on, and we left........
That's what we did....as my heart broke that this little boy was left unattended because he hadn't mastered yet to put on his lace up shoes.....it broke my heart.
I had to take a deep breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment